Sports

Italian sports media abuzz after Inter coach Conte’s latest outburst

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Plugin for AdSense.

Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.

Sport

When Inter Milan coach Antonio Conte faces the cameras after a match, it is a case of lighting the blue touch paper and standing well back.

FILE PHOTO: Soccer Football – Serie A – Genoa v Inter Milan – Stadio Comunale Luigi Ferraris, Genoa, Italy – July 25, 2020 Inter Milan coach Antonio Conte, as play resumes behind closed doors following the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) REUTERS/Jennifer Lorenzini

02 Aug 2020 10:10PM

Share this content

Bookmark

REUTERS: When Inter Milan coach Antonio Conte faces the cameras after a match, it is a case of lighting the blue touch paper and standing well back.

In his first season at Inter, the 51-year-old former Juventus, Italy and Chelsea coach has railed against his own club's "poor planning" and an "insane" fixture list, and even blamed one poor performance on the opposition playing the wrong kind of football.

Advertisement

Advertisement

His latest outburst, however, after a 2-0 win at Atalanta on Saturday that clinched second place for Inter in Serie A, has led to all sorts of intrigue.

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Plugin for AdSense.

Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.

"I don't think the work of the players has been recognised and I don't think my work has been recognised," he said, before accusing unnamed club members of only showing their faces when things were going well.

"We all received very little protection from the club, absolutely zero."

That left Italian media including Gazzetta dello Sport and Corriere dello Sport wondering, is he thinking of resigning? Will the club fire him? Was he referring to any particular director, such as chief executive Giuseppe Marotta, sporting director Piero Ausilio, or even club president Steven Zhang?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Conte also said nothing had changed at Inter since an interview given by his predecessor Luciano Spalletti – an apparent reference to Spalletti's claim there was a "mole" in the Inter dressing-room who leaked team gossip to the media.

So far, Inter havRead More – Source