Asia

Vietnam says up to 800,000 left COVID-19 epicentre Danang since Jul 1

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Plugin for AdSense.

Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.

HANOI: Vietnam's health ministry said on Saturday (Aug 1) up to 800,000 visitors to Danang city, the country's new novel coronavirus epicentre, have left for other parts of the country since Jul 1.

Vietnam last week detected its first locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in more than three months in Danang, a tourism hot spot.

Advertisement

Advertisement

READ: Vietnam reports 12 more local COVID-19 cases connected to Danang outbreak

READ: COVID-19 surges in Asia bring warnings over complacency

The total number of infections in the country has since risen to 558 from 413, with most of the new cases linked to three hospitals in Danang.

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Plugin for AdSense.

Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.

More than 41,000 people have visited the three hospitals since Jul 1, the ministry said in a statement.

Advertisement

Advertisement

The Southeast Asian country reported its first two COVID-19 deaths on Friday, and the toll roseRead More – Source